Processing of personal data
The users of the Taxify app grant their consent for the processing of their personal data during the installation of the Taxify app.
Your personal data is collected and processed by the company, Taxify Technology Nigeria Limited. Taxify Technology Nigeria Limited only collects and processes the personal data submitted by the users in the course of installation and use of the Taxify app. A user's disclosure of geographical location data is a precondition for using the Taxify app.
1. What type of personal data we collect and process
- Name, telephone number, e-mail address, feedback ratings and payment information of the app user;
- Geographical location of the user, the time of provision of service and the destination;
- Identification data of the device on which the Taxify app has been installed;
- Cookies of the taxify.eu website save the website user's telephone number and geographic location data.
2. The purpose of collecting and the period of processing of personal data
- We collect and process personal data for the purpose of matching up a user with a driver;
- We forward the data on geographical location and telephone number of the user to the driver to enable us decide whether the user is located nearby;
- We may use the personal data to resolve driver´s service quality issues;
- We use contact details to notify you of updates to the Taxify app;
- We collect data of the routes taken by the Taxify app users to analyse the geographic coverage in order to make recommendations to the drivers;
- The personal data collected via the Taxify app will not be used for identification of persons or their locations, nor for the purpose of behavioural marketing;
- We will hold and process your personal data only for the period your account is activated.
3. The method of collecting personal data
- We collect data on the names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of Taxify app users during the process of the installation of the Taxify app;
- We only collect data on the geographic location if the Taxify app has been activated;
- The collection of geographic location data stops after the Taxify app is closed in the user's device.
4. Disclosure of personal data to third parties
- The personal data of users is only disclosed to those drivers who have activated the Taxify app; in such case, they will see the name, telephone number and geographic location of the user;
- After providing the service, the name of the user will remain visible to the driver for 24 hours. This is necessary for drivers to resolve any issues associated with service provision, e.g., to contact the user if an item was left behind in the car;
- The feedback on the quality of the service is anonymous and drivers do not receive information on the names and telephone numbers of the users who provided feedback;
- We shall be entitled to disclose your personal data if we are required by any regulatory body or Government authority or official or any security agency for the purposes of conducting an investigation into an alleged crime.
5. Security and deletion of data
- Any personal data collected in the course of providing the Taxify service is transferred to and stored in the data centres located on the territory of Germany. Only authorised employees of Taxify OÜ and local service providers have access to the personal data and they may access the data only for the purpose of resolving issues associated with the use of the Taxify app (including disputes with the drivers);
- If you would like to delete the personal data collected by us, you can do so by submitting a written request to our customer support via email@example.com. After receiving the request we will delete the account and any personal data associated with the account if there are no outstanding payments. After the deletion, the personal data will be anonymized and used for analytics only;
- Please note that the deinstallation of Taxify app on your device does not cause the deletion of your personal data. If you want to delete your personal data collected by Taxify, please send a written request by email as indicated above. You should also bear in mind that the request to delete personal data is possible only if we delete your account. As a result of that, you will not be able to use Taxify services under your existing account.
- If you presume that we (or any other Taxify entity processing your personal data) carry such processing in contradiction with your personal rights or in contradiction with the law, in particular if the personal data is inaccurate, you may:
- a) ask us (and/or any other Taxify entity processing your personal data) for an explanation;
- b) require us (and/or any other Taxify entity processing your personal data) to remedy the arisen state of affairs (in particular by blocking, correction or supplementing of personal data);
- c) appeal directly to the respective data protection authority having the jurisdiction over your personal data.
6. Direct marketing
- We only use your e-mail address and phone number for sharing our product related marketing messages if you have given a respective consent on the taxify.eu website or in the Taxify app. If you no longer wish to receive direct marketing messages, please click the "Unsubscribe from direct marketing messages" link in the header of our e-mail or Profile section of Taxify mobile App.
7. Personal data of taxi drivers
- We only collect and process personal data of drivers to the extent necessary for verifying the driver's qualifications for pursuing this professional activity and safeguarding the contractual relations associated with the Taxify app service. The personal data of drivers may be handed over to the entities listed at http://taxify.eu/cities.
- Using the Taxify app with dispatch feature, a service operator can see the geographic location of a driver, information on dispatches and the times of using the service. If a driver would like for his or her geographic location not to be visible to the dispatch operator, he or she can disable the app by tapping the "Quit" button.